Make a Smart Choice!
Rent or buy? the Choice is youRs!
Have you been wondering about renting vs buying a home? Choosing to rent an apartment or buy a home is a big decision, and we’re here to help! The good news is there are many advantages of renting and buying. The choice is yours, and it just depends on your financial and lifestyle preference. Check out the benefits you will enjoy by renting an apartment or owning a home to see which is right for you!
Consider these benefits when deciding to rent or buy:
Renting an Apartment
apartment living options »
- You can move with ease. In the short term, renting is less expensive than owning. If you plan to move within a couple of years, renting can provide a smaller commitment.
- Repairs are taken care of. One of the biggest perks of renting is that you never have to worry about surprise repairs or the costs of home maintenance.
- Renting has fewer upfront costs with no down payment or closing costs.
- Time to plan. Renting gives you time to plan before making big commitments.
Buying a Home
new home Options »
- Every payment brings you closer to owning the house. With each mortgage payment, you work toward full homeownership.
- You have tax advantages. Some of the costs of owning a home, such as property taxes and interest paid on a mortgage, are tax deductible.
- You can cash in on appreciation. Your home value will most likely increase over time depending on the housing market and how well you take care of it.
- Freedom to make renovations. Your home can be improved or upgraded however you please.
We hope you find this information helpful as you continue your home search.