Raleigh, NC is consistently ranked as one of the most desirable cities in the nation to call home. This year alone, Raleigh has been named one of the sportiest and most adventurous cities, a top destination for jobs, and one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. Raleigh was even named the Best Big City in the Southeast by Money magazine in 2016. The City of Raleigh has an excellent list of all the area’s many accolades. Clearly, it is a wonderful city with lots of offer, but where are some of the top communities in Raleigh?
Whether you’re planning to move to Raleigh, are new to town, or have lived in the area and are looking for a new home, knowing where to find the top communities is very important. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! We love working and living here and are happy to share our view on some of the top communities in Raleigh:
- Cary: The Town of Cary is one of the most sought-after areas in the Raleigh region. Boasting incredible dining and shopping, top-ranked schools and job centers, there’s no surprise why it’s so popular. HHHunt Homes is currently developing a new home community, the Reserve at Wackena, in Cary. Plus, Spring Arbor of Cary recently opened in the town and provides assisted living services and memory care.
- Wake Forest: Another highly-desirable location in the region is Wake Forest. Located north of downtown Raleigh, Wake Forest is consistently ranked as one of the most popular areas in the state thanks to shopping, dining, outdoor activities and job centers. Plus, it’s a quick commute to many parts of the Research Triangle. HHHunt Homes’ Granite Falls and Willoughby communities are located near Wake Forest.
- Knightdale: Located to the east of downtown, Knightdale is an increasingly popular locale that is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. Known for its lush parks, it is home to the Knightdale Environmental Education Park, certified as a Backyard Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. Auston Grove Apartment Homes is conveniently located between downtown and Knightdale. Its central location makes it easy to access everything in the Raleigh region. If you’re looking for a senior living community, Spring Arbor of Raleigh also is located between downtown and Knightdale and offers assisted living and memory care services.
- Holly Springs: Named the seventh best small city in the U.S., Holly Springs is southwest of downtown Raleigh. It is renowned for its farmers market, parks and cultural arts. Among the most popular amenities are a lake and retreat center and greenways throughout the town. New estate homes and villas will be available soon in HHHunt Homes’ Hensley community in Holly Springs.
- Downtown Raleigh: The downtown area has experienced a renaissance in recent years. From the State Capitol to the lively dining and arts scene, downtown Raleigh is a hip place to be. A building boom has resulted in many new apartments and condos as Millennials and Boomers flock to city centers.
We believe it’s how you live that matters and finding a home that fits your needs, regardless of your phase in life, is important. These communities have something for everyone! We’ve mentioned some of the apartment, new home and senior living options in many of these popular communities. As you’re searching for that special place to call home, we encourage you to visit our apartment living, new home, and senior living communities in Raleigh!
Of course, we can’t capture every amazing area in Raleigh with one blog post so stay tuned for updates as we revisit many of the wonderful communities in this region.