Last month, HHHunt launched a Healthy Lifestyles contest where we asked participants to share their favorite healthy living stories, pictures, and tips and tricks on our Facebook page. Along with HHHunt’s new online wellness portal for team members, the contest was another way for team members and residents alike to show how active living plays a big role in their lives. We received some great contest entries and wanted to share a couple of our favorite wellness tips with you!
Submitted by Sue Marye from HHHunt’s Corporate Office:
How to make your lunchtime salad interesting and yummy:
- Start with some fresh, crisp salad greens
- Add something chewy, sweet or tart, like raisins, dried cranberries or dates.
- Add something crunchy and salty, like almonds, cashews or pecans.
- Top it off with a protein, like chicken, fish or even tuna from a can.
- Select a salad dressing with lots of flavor and use only enough to lightly dress the salad. Try to make your own salad dressing! It’s easy and tasty too! Here’s a recipe Sue uses quite often:
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon honey or agave
- Salt, cracked pepper and fresh herbs of your choice
- Shake it all up in a tightly covered container and serve!
Submitted by Ashley Kuzma from Auston Woods:
Ashley recommends getting out for walks and hikes with family, friends and dogs as frequently as possible. Use online search tools for recommendations on local greenways, parks and trails. In Charlotte, North Carolina, there are several locations including the US National White Water Center, Latta Plantation, Kings Mountain, Reedy Park and Grandfather Mountain. Hiking is a great way to burn calories, reconnect with nature, relieve stress and make memories!
Submitted by Victoria King, Leasing Agent for HHHunt
Being outside is Victoria’s therapy! Usually, she likes to run, but she enjoyed a great morning of kayaking last weekend with a friend. The town of Garner even took their picture for the Garner, NC Parks and Recreation website!
At HHHunt, we believe it’s how you live that matters and healthy and active living plays a big role in our lives. Thanks to all who participated in this awesome and rewarding contest!