At HHHunt, we’re huge sports fans and love it when our homeowners, residents and team members come together to watch sporting events. Besides watching the game, we all know that the food is the most important part of any game day party. Traditional foods like nachos, pigs in a blanket, and chips and dip are always a fan favorite. However, if you’re looking to enjoy healthier tailgating foods, it can be a challenge. Check out these two classic game-day recipes that were lightened up just in time for kickoff!
Yield 4 servings
30 mins total time, 5 mins prep
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt, preferably sea salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in the center and lower positions.
- Divide sweet potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Drizzle with oil, toss and spread them in a single layer on sheets. Bake, flipping once until centers are soft and edges are crisp, 22 to 25 minutes. Dust with salt, and serve with lime wedges.
Yield 6 servings
15 min total time, 5 mins prep
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 3 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into ¼ inch-thick slices, divided
- 1 apple, cored and cut into ¼ inch-thick slices, divided
- 3 cups arugula, divided
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Whisk together mustard and apple cider in a small bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread each tortilla with 1/3 of the mustard mixture and place in the hot skillet, mustard side up. Arrange 1/3 of the brie slices on half of the tortilla. Once the cheese starts to melt, arrange 1/3 of the apple slices on the cheese and top with 1 cup of arugula. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Fold tortilla in half and press with a spatula to stick the sides together. Cook about 2 minutes or until golden brown, flip, and cook another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Cut into 4 wedges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
At HHHunt, we believe it’s how you live that matters! Enjoying tasty and balanced snacks is an important component of a healthy lifestyle. Give these recipes a try and you might discover a new favorite game day treat!
Have a fun time watching the game this weekend! Which team are you rooting for? We’d love to hear what you’re making this Sunday at your game watching party. Share with us on our Facebook page!