Staying active and fit are important parts of a healthy lifestyle. We believe it’s how you live that matters and making healthy choices doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, it’s easy to get a good workout no matter how much space you have. Get creative and have fun!
To give us some pointers on how to maximize your workout, we turned to Cali M. Wortelboer, associate community manager at the Ashton Pointe apartment community, who is also a member of HHHunt’s Wellness Team.
Cali has great workout advice for individuals who live in apartment communities. Her are her top five workout tips for your apartment:
- Exercise Smart: Some workout routines require expensive equipment or lots of space (think running), but there are many valuable workouts you perform in your apartment. For example, planks and pushups can help tone your muscles and you can do them almost anyway. Likewise, squats are a great workout and beginners can use a chair they have in their apartment to help them ensure they’ve got the right form.
- Fitness Centers: It’s good to mix up your workouts and HHHunt’s apartment communities all have fitness centers. There’s no need to buy an expensive gym membership when you’ve got the equipment in your community. Getting fit and saving money is a great combination.
- Walking Trails: Fresh air helps make any workout more enjoyable. Many apartment communities feature walking paths and trails. These trails are a great way to enjoy your beautiful surroundings and improve your health. Go at whatever pace works for you – from walking to jogging to running – and build up your endurance and distance with each effort.
- Swimming: Going for a swim offers one of the best all-body workouts you can get. Plus, it’s low impact on your joints. Many HHHunt apartment communities feature welcoming pools that can offer the perfect workout environment.
- Get Advice: Finally, ask for advice from your apartment staff. Team members in the leasing and management offices at HHHunt apartment communities are familiar with local exercise classes and groups. Ask for some recommendations and they’ll be happy to help!
Although Cali was focused on workout tips for individuals who live in an apartment community, many of these exercises and lifestyle choices are applicable regardless of where you call home. Staying active should be fun and with these tips you’ll be on your way.
If you want a healthy lifestyle and are looking for a new apartment living community, check out the HHHunt Apartment Living website. All of our apartment communities have great resources to keep you active at the pace that’s right for you!