Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial beginning of summer, including a brand-new pool season! We love enjoying time by the pool, especially when surrounded by friends, family and neighbors. Pools are some of the highest rated features at our Apartment Living and New Home Planned communities. Home buyers who select HHHunt Homes ranked a pool and other water features high on their list of desired community amenities.
Although a glistening swimming pool offers quintessential summer fun, it is important to follow basic rules to stay safe! We asked the experts at our communities for their top tips for the summer:
- Pool hours vary by community – some days the pool may close early or stay open late for special events – so make sure to check the posted pool hours or with your local community team.
- Inviting guests to spend time at the pool is always fun, but remember to check the guest policies and pick up guest cards, if needed.
- The Red Cross offers pool safety tips, such as keeping an eye on children at all times whether they’re in the water or not. Reviewing these tips is always a good idea.
- Keeping children safe is important and swimming lessons are a great idea. Currently, the recommended age to begin lessons is at least 4 years of age according to the American Association of Pediatrics.
- Looking for more resources? Check out Pool Safely, a government website that includes lots of helpful tips, educational videos and more.
We believe it’s how you live that matters. Enjoying amenities like a pool is an important part of choosing a community, but staying safe is just as critical. We hope that these simple pool tips will help you enjoy the summer!
We’d love to see you at the pool at your HHHunt community. Share your favorite poolside photos with us on Facebook all summer long. We can’t wait to see how everyone is enjoying the pool!