The first official day of spring was this week! With warmer weather and sunshine in the forecast, it’s beginning to feel a lot like springtime. We love this season of renewal as we eagerly anticipate the blossoming flowers and trees. One thing we don’t love, though, is spring cleaning. After months of winter, it is time to clean out and organize! Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a hassle and we’ve got five cleaning tips to help you tackle those projects:
- Spring Cleaning Shortcuts: Some areas in our homes can be tough to clean. Don’t fret! Real Simple magazine offers a great set of cleaning shortcuts for trouble spots, like curtains and windows. These tricks will help you avoid hours of work.
- Quick Cleans: Have a lot of cleaning to do, but not much time? Good Housekeeping shares 15 cleaning tasks that can be completed in less than an hour. From vacuuming furniture to cleaning grout, use these tips to tackle smaller projects and make a big dent in your spring cleaning.
- Airy Solutions: Sometimes your heavier items, like comforters and blankets, don’t need to be cleaned after winter. They just need to be aired out. HGTV has more details on this and other spring cleaning hacks.
- Freshen Up the Fridge: If you’re like us, you always forget about the fridge when it comes to spring cleaning. Focusing on your fridge is important because it can conceal many nasty germs. Luckily, the Today show has six fridge cleaning hacks, like using a mild detergent to clean shelves, that make this project quick and easy.
- Deep Cleaning Tips: Although some parts of your home don’t need a full deep cleaning in spring, while other areas deserve lots of attention. House Beautiful magazine lists the top 20 things you should deep clean, from cabinets to countertops to the dishwasher. The good news is there are lots of tricks to make cleaning easier.
We believe it’s how you live that matters and using these spring cleaning tips will help you spend less time cleaning and more time doing what you love with friends, family, and neighbors. Are you looking for more cleaning hacks that will change your life? Check out the tips on HHHunt Communities’ blog post from last month.
Share your spring cleaning tips on our Facebook page so we can share them with others too. Happy Spring and we hope the cleaning goes well!